Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Of mice and money

Tonight we added a donate button at the request and suggestion of several of our readers, and to be honest, it makes me feel a bit shady.

We initially set out to start this blog as a way to earn the money we need, to add to the fund, and maybe someday expand beyond that. Feedback has been positive, many people find us humorous or can relate to us, and some actually think we're decent writers. But at the end of the day, we were earning the money.

The addition of the donation button, I hope, doesn't cheapen the glee we've gotten out writing for you, or ourselves. That is the point, though, isn't it? To get satisfaction out of not only creating it, but to also in being enjoyed by our readers.

We aren't a charity, and I don't think you can write us off in your taxes. To be fair, I don't think I was fully prepared for this, even though Sarah and I had discussed the eventuality of adding a donate option. "Sure," I had quipped, "if someone wants to drop $50K on us, I'll be like 'Hell's yeah!'" I suppose I'm not a good liar. I like to think I am though!

So, without any further ado, I present to you, the donation button. Donate as much or as little as you like, no one will be judged, I promise. All of the money will go towards the adoption pool, then to baby clothes and supplies, and then to a boat, or something else like that. I suppose I should just focus on reaching the $25K mark first.

Yep, that's it. There it is. Don't use it, of course, just admire it. No need to make me feel guilty, after all.

Thank you, even if you choose to ignore my advice about using the button.

No comments:

Search the web for more information...